Sunday, February 2, 2014

What I didn't expect.

I have been a Catholic since September 2007.   I have been going to a women's Catholic Bible Study for about as long as I have converted.  A few weeks ago our leader asked us to bring our 3 minute life testimony with us next time.  I didn't give it much thought and was thinking to myself that there was no need to prepare...it would be a piece of cake.   As each woman (about 15 of us) shared their heart the walls began to fall down around us.  We couldn't hide.  We were being led by the Holy Spirit and there didn't seem to be any getting away this time.  When it came to me (the only non cradle Catholic) I had to pass at first because I was boiling over with emotion.  When I started for the second time my story poured out of me like a flood that had been locked up for years.  My heart had an incredible desire to share.  I had no idea it was going to be like this. It shocked me and was quite a bit embarrassing.  But it was also so so so good!  So rich.  So deep.  It fed me in a way that I didn't know I was hungry.  God gave me the words to say and the strength to say it.  From this experience I have decided that I need to write down my conversion story and maybe someday share it again.  It is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment