Friday, October 11, 2013

Growing Pains


 I am having growing pains.


I am now a mom of four.  Ages 5, 3, 20 months, and 2 weeks. 




I am homeschooling the two oldest every morning and wondering sometimes if I should have held off a few more weeks before diving head first back into regular life.



 The two oldest found a bottle of fingernail polish and painted themselves, their toys, and their bedroom carpet while I was upstairs nursing baby.  I was too upset to get a "memory picture."


Baby was crying so I put little Miss Fiona down from her high chair to go take care of him...she promptly climbed back up and tried to feed herself the rest of her cereal.






 It's amazing how growing a family will grow you.  Growing pains.  You find out how incredibly selfish you are.  I fight with myself on a daily basis to be the best mom possible and let go of who I am ALONE...and try to be who I am IN HIM


Lately it seems like more days are in need of some serious "come to Jesus" moments.  Mainly for mommy.  I want to be a good example to them of God's love.  Lord, help me! 



Children are so forgiving.  I feel blown away sometimes by how easily they come back to me, hug me, tell me they love me...after I have been so impatient with them!  Oh, to be like a child....




 Growing pains.








No comments:

Post a Comment